Monday, August 8, 2011

Where in the World......?

Korea
I have been studying on the countries that didn't qualify in the rugby world cup. I have chosen Korea to study on.

1.
2.
3.
-Pyongyang is the capital of Northern Korea.
-Seoul is the capital of Southern Korea
4.
Population:
Northern Korea 24,457,492 (July 2011 est.)
Southern Korea 48,754,657 (July 2011 est.)

5. Koreans national sport is Taekwond


I have been learning about the countries that did not qualify for the Rugby World Cup. The country I have chosen Korea to study on.

1 comment:

Zack Burroughs said...

Hi, Tyler.

My name is Zack, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama! I did not know that Korea even had a rugby team, but I think it is clearly evident as to why they did not qualify. Asian people are typically smaller in stature than people in other parts of the world that take rugby more seriously, and since rugby is such a physically demanding sport, I cannot see them faring very well. Also, considering that their national sport is Taekwondo, I'm sure that their hearts aren't breaking too bad because they didn't get in. I think that Koreans like Starcraft II more than rugby! :)

Thanks,

Zack